The areas of expertise can include, but not limited to: computer and network hardware and software; wireless technology; radio, television, and satellite systems; e-commerce; web development; video and mobile content management; social media; e-learning; cloud solutions; payment solutions; and user/customer experience.
The applicants must endeavor to include the following in their submissions.
- What has your institution done that has had a major impact on innovation and technology and how is it innovative?
- Explain the nature of the work and the challenges involved.
What were the results? Provide evidence of demonstrable progress or success.
- Detail the market potential as well as the impact and fulfillment of customer/user needs.
- What could be the impact if your initiative were adopted more widely?
- Judges will look for evidence of interdisciplinary science as well as collaboration between industry and academia.